I’m still alive Alhamdillah (Praise be to God). Day 1 (or 2) went as expected. Tired, thirsty, hungry, not hungry or thirsty, still tired. It all hits at about 3 PM and then just loops until you eat. The vicious cycle. Day 2 (or 3) is pretty much the same. Walked by coworkers eating food and drinking their delicious watery looking water (how else does water look?). Anyway, I’m not hungry, but I am having visions of pizza, steak, hamburgers, cookies, biscuits, ice cream, and much much more dance through my head (if you’ve ever fasted you know exactly what I am talking about). My brain knows I can’t eat, so it’s just cycling through the catalog of all the possible foods in the world (A hamburger with cookies as a bun? SURE, why not!?).
Things I remembered not to do again, although I’ve told myself from all the previous years before not to do them, but will inevitably end up doing possibly as soon as today include:
- Going to a grocery store during lunch time, wow I wanted to buy everything. (Side note Hebrew National has 97% fat free hot dogs that are 45 calories now and taste just like the regular ones, which is phenomenal. This right now is my top moment for the year, 2013 so far you are winning the last decade)
- Taking a nap before it’s time to eat, but waking up with 30 minutes left. You wake up hungrier, and you become tireder (is that really a word?).
- Sleeping early. My intention was there, it just never happened, still stayed up late. Such a good planner, just the execution needs work.
- Walking into a kitchen with food cooking 30 mins before it’s time to eat. Smells delicious, but hurts my feelings that I can’t eat. Be ON TIME, not early, not late, ON TIME.
- Get close to the door at Taraweeh, for ventilation purposes, both cooling and smell wise (you ALL know what I’m talking about).
Iftar last night: Chicken, corn, leftover pasta, 3 bottles of water.
Suhoor: Protein Bar, Banana, 1 bottle of water, 2 cups of ice water (only ONE Pee break!!)
Here’s to today being a shorter day than yesterday (we eat one minute earlier suckers!!). Day 2 (or 3) I got you son!