Quick Recap of Day 1 – I got 9 out of 16 games right, that’s 56.25% for you math majors. Or as those in my office and friend pools can see, close enough to last place that apparently the girls picking teams based on the sexiness of mascot have a better win percentage than me. On the bright side of things I’ve ONLY lost 2 sweet 16 teams, and no team that goes deeper than that (yet anyway). My awesomeness shows more at the end than at the beginning folks!
So let’s get down to teams that disappointed the ever living shit out of me out of my 7 wrong picks.
7. Davidson – I had this upset, and with a minute to go, I HAD THIS UPSET! Then you blew it, throwing the ball away with under 10 seconds to go and letting them get a layup to go up 1! Come one son! I’m sad for you, but I’m a lil more mad at ya.
6. Saint Mary’s – Down 5, 10 seconds to go. I was like dang it I shouldn’t have picked y’all. Miracle banked 3 pointer and an in-bounds pass off of dudes face and uh oh we got ourselves a game! But alas the Dellavedova 3 at the buzzer was too long and your attempt at a Disney princess run ended.
5. Missouri – You guys suck. Your coach is cheater. 2 years in a row you should be better than you are but you aren’t. I hate you.
4. Pittsburgh – I knew I shouldn’t have picked you. I swear I knew it, but you’re from the Big East (this year anyway), so I thought you’d be better. Nope, you suck. Jerks.
3. UNLV – California tried everything to give you that game. Flagrant foul, missed free throws. But you bested them, 11 minute scoring drought, missed layups, missed jumpers, a billion missed shots in a row. Oh and not to mention you let that goofy ass white dude dunk the ball on 4 straight possesions.
2. New Mexico – All that hype, high seed, bounced by a bunch of nerds from Harvard. Really?!? I had you jerks in the Sweet 16. Thank God that’s all I had you going to.
1. Oklahoma State – Granted Oregon should not have been a 12 seed but shit man, you guys didn’t really show up. Smartacus, where the hell were you, PG without passing and taking bad shots. This team couldn’t hit a shot. Or guard the Oregon guards for that matter, that little dude was running circles around you, literally. Sweet 16 pick wasted.
Am I bitter? A little bit. Honestly though, none of these games matter to me as long as NC State wins. Am I a homer when it comes to my team? Yes, absolutely yes! Let’s Go Pack! Beat the stupid Owls. And let’s hope I get some more picks right today. Day 2 show me some love….