One day I want to run for President anonymously. My whole campaign would be smoke and mirrors type shit. Only my inner circle would know who I am. My campaign would be as simple as it can be. “Vote for Me.” That’s all I would put up everywhere around the country. No one would know that “Me” is me, but they’d know my platform. My thoughts on the economy, foreign policy, health care, education, and energy would be practical. I’m no Romney, and I’m no Obama, and to me that’s a good thing. In times like this where it seems like everyone is picking a President because he’s the “lesser of two evils,” practicality is what is lacking. This thought process has always been so baffling to me, mostly due to the fact that we are the strongest nation in the world and the best we can come up with is “lesser of two evils” and not an actual solid candidate…sad face. Disclaimer, I have voted in two elections, once voting Republican and once voting Democrat. I do not like to say I am of a particular party because I think that both have their faults. I also don’t like being called an independent, so let’s just say that I am American and let that be that. So without further delay, my policy fixes for the whole world to behold:
- Economy – Tier the taxes. Reduce the tax breaks. Economies crumble worldwide due to a lack of a true middle-class. We can’t let that happen here. Use accountants, math-magicians, and economists to come up with a viable plan that taxes certain brackets at certain levels. Cut tax breaks to a max of 7-12% lower than your bracket. There is no reason billionaires should be paying a less percentage of taxes than hundred-thousandaires. I understand that by doing this, the wealthy are paying more than others as is, but they are also making more, and let’s be real here, the rich can “afford” it…literally.
- Foreign Policy – Bring back our troops. Mediate. Help with negotiations. Attack when threatened. We shouldn’t instigate wars (not saying we have, but just throwing this in my policy). We shouldn’t be the first to defend every country. America is over 200 years old as we know it as a Democracy, and we still aren’t a perfect nation. We can’t force Democracy on other nations. It isn’t feasible, and as shown in Iraq, it isn’t easy to accomplish. Use the money from the wars to help create jobs for the soldiers during “peace time.” Maybe even use the soldiers to have a solid home defense that’s on call. No one is stupid enough to think they can win a war against the USA. They can attempt to strike fear, but if we use our resources to monitor and defend, by improving Homeland Security, we will be left alone (one man’s opinion).
- Health care – Yeh insurance for everyone is great in theory, but theory sometimes isn’t practical. The problem with health care isn’t that everyone needs insurance, the problem is that the insurance companies are winning in their little game of monopoly. We should first fix the insurance companies. That is where the real problem lies. Decrease the premiums and make insurance affordable. Providing health care for all only gives the insurance companies more power. You have to remove the head of the snake to kill it…the health care issue is the snake, the insurance companies are the head.
- Education – Make school affordable and available for all. Some states have programs where if you maintain certain GPA’s you can attend public universities for free. This works great for families who can not afford to provide for their children otherwise. Education shouldn’t be a burden on students. A student shouldn’t avoid medical, law, or any professional program because of the return on investment. Work with the number guys regarding the economy to figure out a way to make students get breaks on their student loans in the form of tax credits or lowering interest rates. If you reduce the interest rates on student loans or even allow those who’ve borrowed to write off the full interest on their loans, that saved money will be thrown back into the economy. Fix this now.
- Energy – Become a more efficient nation. Use the wind, it’s free. Use the sun, it’s free. Continue pushing fuel efficiency in vehicles. Reduce power usage with smarter factories, smarter homes, smarter people. One idiot can mess things up for everyone. Cut down on usage by using what you need and not what you have. Think about it.
I know I’ll never be President of the United States, but that doesn’t mean I can’t say what I want and think will help fix it. Maybe this November, everyone can write me in on the ballots. And if not this year, watch out for me in 2020 (those who know me will get the reference). Remember folks, VOTE FOR “ME,” you won’t regret it.
I’m this guy (thumbs pointing right at my face), and I approved this message.