What’s back? Endless Shrimp at Red Lobster, that’s what! Why am I so excited? Because I love SKRIMP…no seriously I love shrimp. So yep, it’s back, and I’ve already been there once (emphasis on once so far, because I will be going back, please believe). So I’m about to give you the tips to a successful Endless Shrimp trip to Red Lobster. Pay close attention and let the deliciousness soak in.
- Avoid the Cheddar Bay Biscuits until after you receive your first order of shrimp. I know it’s hard, but trust me the payoff is worth the agonizing minutes of staring at delicious hot biscuits (tell them to bring them out later if you can’t resist the temptations).
- When it comes time to order sides, avoid getting both sides at the same time. Tell them to bring them out with the different orders of shrimp.
- Start with the heavier options of shrimp first (if you plan on getting the heavy options). You can always squeeze in more of the lighter options at the end.
- When you are ordering your initial 2 choices, ask the waiter/waitress if you can go ahead and give them your next options so that when they bring your first options out, they can enter in the “refills.” If you fail to do this, the waiter/waitress will disappear and they will pretty much count on your body to shut down and you to not get any refills.
- When in doubt keep eating. Ok, not really, unless you are really trying to get a personal best of shrimp eating. Sometimes your body will tell you when to stop while your brain fights that feeling of projectile vomit. One of my friends once had 140 shrimp at an Endless Shrimp binge. I am still proud of him til this day for this accomplishment more than anything else he’s done in his life.
- Order just a little more than you can eat and convince the servers to give you a to go box by showing them you’ve eaten from what they brought out. Boom, lunch the next day!
So there you have it folks, my personal guide to defeating Endless Shrimp. You can obviously make your own adjustments but eat as much as you can! Oh and make sure you ask them what options there are that aren’t on the menu aka the secret shrimp. For all the SKRIMP lovers like me, enjoy your feast!