Happy Pi Day everybody!! If you have no idea what I’m talking about, then you my friend (we aren’t really friends) are an idiot. Pi Day because today is 3-14 and Pi is the mathematical constant that is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to it’s diameter (or in number terms 3.14 truncated). Some fun facts about Pi (does anybody know where that symbol is on the damn keyboard?):
- Pi is an irrational (like women) number
- Pi is a never ending number (in decimal form), much like the Energizer bunny, it keeps going and going and going and……
- Pi is a Greek letter and it has nothing to do with actual Pie (sorry stoners, sadface)
- Pi had a movie named after it. The movie sucked.
- Today at 3:14 PM, if you eat a piece of pie, while solving for the area of a circle (2*Pi*r), and you make a wish, that wish will not come true.
As a math geek, I love Pi. So I felt it necessary to pay homage to this day. All of the facts above are true only because I say they are. If you hate math, then you suck.
(If you don’t get this picture, don’t talk to me ever again. Also, how the hell do I make the Pi symbol on the computer??! Seriously!!)